Thursday, May 23, 2013

What is character, Katy?

 

I have been thinking a lot about character lately. It was sparked because I just took a new job, and worked out a two week notice at another.  

Can I just tell you that working out that notice was not easy?

  Everything in me just wanted to fall back into lazy, old behaviors and just up and leave that old job. Because lets just be honest...there wasn't any character or integrity involved in a lifestyle of drinking, drugs, lying, and stealing, now was there?  

Nope.  

So this whole character thing is new.  And that is just as honest as I know how to be. 

I guess I am learning to be a responsible adult.  
And I think I will try it again tomorrow. 

"...endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." (Romans 5:4-5)

Lord, build character in me so that you are pleased and glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment